THE GIVER OF STARS- Jojo Moyes

THE GIVER OF STARS: the one that captured my heart!
.
When I was kindly #gifted the latest @jojomoyesofficial novel for #nationallibraryweek I was a little apprehensive as I had previously loved the Me Before You books but my gosh didn’t it deliver. I adored this book and I often find myself thinking back to reading it!
.
This incredibly well researched, historical fiction novel was so vividly descriptive that it felt like I was immersed in the mountains of Kentucky with the packhorse librarians- fearless women that you witness grow beautifully throughout the pages! The women are hands down the core of the story for me and their characters bring the story to life with their caring, feisty and strong characteristics that make for a powerful read! With Margery and Alice’s stories becoming intertwined the journey of these women makes for an enthralling read as the book follows sexism, abuse, racism, murder and ultimately a courtroom drama- there is something for everyone! I also felt Sophia’s story was empowering and powerful- it really brought hone the realities of the Depression-era in America.
.
Ultimately this books is a stunning narrative that demonstrates the power of words and literature and how it can bring people together, regardless of who they are and their circumstances. It showcases the beauty of the written word and the joy it brings to all who are lucky enough to experience it.
.
For those who love a good audiobook, I loved this one so much I had to listen to parts of it via audio (as it was available on my library app) on the way to work and it was so beautifully narrated- the accents swept me up and carried me into the book! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 

Comments

Popular Posts